Eyelashes have been a symbol of youth and beauty for centuries; except, in the 1400s when women pulled out their own eyelashes!! SAY WHAT? Yes, long lashes were shunned by the church, as they were seen as being suggestive or seductive. We are beyond thrilled that this is no longer the case. Natural eyelashes are the smallest feature on your face, but can make such a dramatic difference for everyone. Eyelash extensions can change your face shape, eye shape, and your look overall, helping you appear 5 years younger.
However, their function is to be a natural shield for the eye protecting it from forign objects that may cause unwanted injury. As we age, our natural lashes also age, which cause them to become thinner, shorter, and sparse (in some cases, extremely sparse). It is no wonder why so many products have been developed to enhance natural lashes - especially the most dramatic and recent way- lash extensions!
The natural lash is composed of 90% proteins (keratin and melanin) and 10% water. The more proteins and water in your lashes, the stronger the lash. No surprise there, human bodies are mostly made up of protein and water. Treat your body good and your lashes should follow ;).
Here are some foods that keep the lash line the happiest!
- Carrots, kale, spinach, and sweet potatoes contain high amounts of vitamin A, stimulating growth and keeping the lash line moisturized.
- Spinach and avocado are sources of vitamin E preventing stress and hair loss.
- Citrus fruits are high in vitamin C slowing the aging process by producing collagen.
- Cheese, eggs, and fish contain vitamin D preventing premature hair loss.
- Whole grains, meat, seafood, and green leafy veggies are a source of vitamin B transporting nutrients to the hair follicles.
You are what you eat - so are your lashes <3
Lots of love
Lash Legend xx